Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 81 No. 4 (1989) pp. 727-731
Intrinsic Fluctuation and Its Critical Scaling in a Class of Populations of Oscillators with Distributed Frequencies
Department of Physics, Kyushu Institute of Technology,
(Received November 2, 1988)
A theory is developed of the fluctuation of an order parameter in a class of large populations of oscillators with distributed natural frequencies, which reveals in particular a unique scaling behavior of the fluctuation at the onset of mutual entrainment for which numerical evidence is given.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.81.727
- A. T. Winfree, The Geometry of Biological Time (Springer, Berlin, 1980).
- Y. Kuramoto, Prog. Theor. Phys. Suppl. No 79 (1984), 223.
- Y. Kuramoto, in Lecture Notes in Physics 39 (Springer, Berlin, 1975).
H. Sakaguchi and Y. Kuramoto, Prog. Theor. Phys. 76 (1986), 576[PTP].
- H. Daido, Prog. Theor. Phys. 75 (1986), 1460[PTP].
H. Daido, J. of Phys. A20 (1987), L629[IoP STACKS].
- H. Daido, preprint (July 1988).
- Y. Kuramoto and I. Nishikawa, to appear in the Proceedings for the 2nd International Yukawa Seminar on Cooperative Dynamics in Complex Physical Systems, Kyoto, 1988 (Springer) which attempts to correct and refine their previous work: J. Stat. Phys. 49 (1987), 569.
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Supplement No.99 (1989) pp. 288-294
Origin of the Unique Feature of a Phase Transition in a Class of Large Populations of Coupled Oscillators