Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 82 No. 3 (1989) pp. 507-513
Short-Range Spin Pair Correlation in the One-Dimensional Quantum XXZ Model
The Institude of Physical and Chemical Research, Wako 351-01
*Department of Applied Physics, Nagoya University, Nagoya 464-01
**Department of Biology, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812
***System Laboratory, Fujitsu Ltd., Shinkamata, Tokyo 144
(Received April 7, 1989)
The spin pair correlation function Cα(r) of the one-dimensional quantum XXZ model (s=1/2)
defined by < δiα δi+rα > with α=x and z is calculated for
the nearest and next nearest neighbor pairs (r=1 and 2) by using the decoupled cell Monte Carlo method.
The effects of the off-diagonal
interacion Jβ on the correlation funcion of diagonal variables δiα is studied. The results
obtained show that |Cz(1)| increases with increasing Jx at above a certain demarcation temperature T0*,
and that for Cx(1) it increases with an increase of |Jz| for smaller values of |Jz| and decreases
monotonically to zero with further increases of |Jz|. It is found that Cz(2) and Cx(2) always decreased to
zero with an increase of the off-diagonal exchange interaction.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.82.507
- S. Homma, H. Matsuda, T. Horiki and N. Ogita, Prog. Theor. Phys. 80 (1988), 594[PTP].
- S. Homma, H. Matsuda and N. Ogita, Prog. Theor. Phys. 72 (1984), 1254[PTP].
- S. Homma, H. Matsuda and N. Ogita, Prog. Theor. Phys. 75 (1986), 1068[PTP].
- T. Oguchi, Statistical Theory of Magnetism (in Japanese) (Shokabo, Tokyo, 1970).
S. Katsura, Phys. Rev. 127 (1962), 1508[APS].
B. M. McCoy, Phys. Rev. 173 (1968), 531[APS].
- T. Tonegawa, Private Communication.