Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 82 No. 3 (1989) pp. 555-562
Source Abundance of Cosmic Rays
Randall Laboratory of Physics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Research Institute for Fundamental Physics, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606
(Received March 4, 1989)
The source abundance of primary cosmic rays is computed and compared with the solar abundance.
Then a model, proposed by one of the authors, which is based on quantum effects on gravity,
is discussed and shown to yeild a prediction for the source abundance. The prediction of the model
is compared with the calculated source abundance.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.82.555
- John R. Letaw, R. Silberberg and C. H. Tsao, Ap. J. Suppl. Series 56 (1984), 369.
- Y. Tomozawa, "Cosmic Rays, Quantum Effects on Gravity, and Gravitational Collapse", lectures given at the Second Workshop on Fundamental Physics, University of Puerto Rico, Humacao, ed. E. Esteban (1986), p. 144.
- M. S. Longair, High Energy Astrophysics (Cambridge University Press, 1981), p. 312.
- R. Silberberg and C. H. Tsao, Ap. J. Suppl. Series No. 220(I) 25 (1973), 315; No. 220(II) 25 (1973), 335.
R. Silberberg, C. H. Tsao and J. R. Letaw, Ap. J. Suppl. Series 58 (1985), 873.
- A. G. W. Camerons, "Elemental and Nuclidic Abundances in the Solar System", Essays in Nuclear Astrophysics, ed. C. A. Barkes, D. D. Clayton and D. N. Schramm (1982).
- W. R. Binns, R. K. Fickle, T. L. Garrard, M. H. Israel, J. Klarmann, E. C. Stone and C. J. Waddington, Ap. J. 247 (1981), L115.
- M. Cassé and P. Gorel, Ap. J. 221 (1978), 703 (for Z ≤28).
N. R. Brewster, P. S. Frier and C. J. Waddington, Ap. J. 264 (1983), 329.
Also see Ref. 6) for Z ≤40.
- S. E. Woosley and T. A. Weaver, Annu. Rev. Astron. Astrophys. 24 (1986), 205.
- Y. Tomozawa, Quantum Field Theory, ed. F. Mancini (1985), p. 241; The INS International Symposium on Composite Model of Quarks and Leptons, ed. H. Terazawa and M. Yasue (1985), p. 386; "Quantum Corrections to Gravitational Potential and Gravitational Collapse", The 26th International Astrophysical Colloquium, Liege (1986), p. 137; "Mass and Length Scale of Black Holes in Quasars and Active Galactic Nuclei", Conference on Active Galactic Nuclei, Atlanta, ed. H. R. Miller and P. Wiita (Springer Verlag, 1987), p. 236.