Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 84 No. 2 (1990) pp. 213-227
Metastable States of the Fuzzy Spin Model. I
— Static Structure
Physics Department, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606
(Received April 5, 1990)
A new spin system, in which spins are random in their magnitudes, is proposed to get a further insight into structure and property of the metastable states in random spin systems. Numerical analysis is used to examine the metastable states, which are found almost heavily degenerated and have fairly stable many-valley structures though the system is inherently unfrustrated. Metastable configuration of the spins is considerably ramified and stability of the metastable states is mainly attributed to network structure composed of bigger spins in their magnitudes.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.84.213
- T. Kawasaki, Prog. Theor. Phys. 80 (1988), 203[PTP].
- T. Kawasaki, J. de Phys. C8 (1988), 1015.
- T. Kawasaki, Cooperative Dynamics in Complex Physical Systems, ed. H. Takayama (Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1989), p. 233.
A. E. Jacobs and C. M. Coram, Phys. Rev. B36 (1987), 3844[APS].
S. Masui, B. W. Southern and A. E. Jacobs, Phys. Rev. B39 (1989), 6925[APS].
S. Masui, T. Li, B. W. Southern and A. E. Jacob, Phys. Rev. B40 (1989), 7096[APS].
M. Cieplak and T. R. Gawron, J. of Phys. A20 (1987), 5657[IoP STACKS].
- D. C. Mattis, Phys. Lett. 56A (1976), 421.
F. Tanaka and S. F. Edwards, J. of Phys. F10 (1980), 2769[IoP STACKS].
K. Nemoto, J. of Phys. A21 (1988), L287[IoP STACKS].
Vik. S. Dotsenko and Vl.S. Dotsenko, J. of Phys. C15 (1982), L557[IoP STACKS]; Adv. Phys. 32 (1983), 129.
- B. N. Shalaev, Phys. Lett. 58 (1987), 2466.
A. W. W. Ludwig, Phys. Rev. Lett. 61 (1988), 2388[APS].
R. Shankar, Phys. Rev. Lett. 61 (1988), 2390[APS].
- J. S. Wang, W. Selke, Vl. S. Dotsenko and V. B. Andreichenko, Europhys. Lett. 11 (1990), 425.