Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 85 No. 3 (1991) pp. 463-479
Quantum Dynamics and Non-Inertial Frames of Reference. I
Department of Physics, Tohoku University, Sendai 980
(Received October 1, 1990)
The general framework of a time-dependent scale transformation as applied to non-relativistic time-dependent Schrödinger equations is described. The nature of the transformation is clarified by comparing it with a time-dependent translation and rotation. Particular attention is paid to the associated gauge transformation and the resulting harmonic inertial force. Corresponding classical results are also displayed. This work intends to pave the way for various applications to be presented in the subsequent papers of this series.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.85.463
- See, e.g., H. Goldstein, Classical Mechanics (Addison-Wesley, Reading, 1965), p. 183.
- See, e.g., C. W. Misner, K. S. Thorne and J. A. Wheeler, Gravitation (Freeman, San Francisco, 1973), §§ 7.4 and 10.1.
- E. Mach, The Science of Mechanics (Open Court, Lasalle, 1974), translated by T. J. McCormack, Chap II, § VI.
- L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, Mechanics (Pergamon, Oxford, 1969), translated by J. B. Sykes and J. S. Bell, § 10.
- R. P. Feynman and A. R. Hibbs, Quantum Mechanics and Path Integrals (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1965), § 8.1.
- S. Takagi, Prog. Theor. Phys. 84 (1990), 1019[PTP].
- L. I. Schiff, Quantum Mechanics, 3rd ed. (McGraw-Hill, 1968), p. 44.
- G. Rosen, Lett. Nuovo Cim. 2 (1971), 61.
- G. Rosen, Am. J. Phys. 40 (1972), 683.
- Ref. 7), p. 482; the same equation appears as Eq. (44·8) in the 2nd edition.
- A. Messiah, Quantum Mechanics (John Wiley and Sons, 1966), p. 947.
- See, e.g., Ref. 2), §§ 27.4, 27.5 and 27.9.
D. L. Hill and J. A. Wheeler, Phys. Rev. 89 (1953), 1102[APS].
- See, e.g., Ref. 1), § 4.8.
- See the account given in Ref. 2), Chap. 12.
- See, e.g., Ref. 2), § 10.4.
- See, e.g., Ref. 2), § 11.3.
S. Weinberg, Ann. of Phys. 194 (1989), 336, [CrossRef]and references therein.
- L. V. Ahlfors, Complex Analysis, 2nd ed. (McGraw-Hill, 1966), p. 184.
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 85 No. 4 (1991) pp. 723-742
Quantum Dynamics and Non-Inertial Frames of References. II
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 86 No. 4 (1991) pp. 783-798
Quantum Dynamics and Non-Inertial Frames of Reference. III
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 86 No. 6 (1991) pp. 1289-1299
Imported Symmetry and Two Breathing Modes in Chern-Simons Theory with External Magnetic Field
Progress of Theoretical Physics Supplement No.107 (1992) pp. 1-40
Self-Dual Chern-Simons Solitons
R. Jackiw and So-Yong Pi
Progress of Theoretical Physics Supplement No.110 (1992) pp. 375-388
Where Has the Conformal Symmetry of Anyons Gone in a Magnetic Field?
Tadashi Awaji and Masahiro Hotta