Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 87 No. 1 (1992) pp. 193-206
Cutoff Dependence of Self-Consistent Solutions in Unquenched QED3
Department of Physics, Chiba University, Chiba 260
*Ishikawa Polytechnic College, Anamizu, Fugeshi-gun 927
(Received August 19, 1991)
In the leading order of the 1/N expansion for the vacuum polarization, we obtain the chiral-symmetry-breaking solutions of the Schwinger-Dyson equation in three-dimensional QED with N four-component Dirac fermions. Special attention is paid on the critical number of the fermion flavor Nc and the scaling law for the dynamical fermion mass. In this framework we introduce the infrared cutoff as well as the ultraviolet one. We show the relation between the vertex ansatz and the scaling law which is consistent with our numerical results that the scaling law is affected by the infrared cutoff. Especially in the case of the Pennington and Webb's vertex ansatz, the mean-field type scaling law and cutoff-dependent finite Nc are obtained in the large infrared cutoff, while the exponential type scaling and infinite Nc are given in the sufficiently small infrared cutoff. The connection with the Monte Carlo simulation is discussed.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.87.193
T. Appelquist, M. Bowick, D. Karabali and L. C. R. Wijewardhana, Phys. Rev. D33 (1986), 3704[APS].
T. Appelquist, D. Nash and L. C. R. Wijewardhana, Phys. Rev. Lett. 60 (1988), 2575[APS].
- M. R. Pennington and S. P. Webb, BNL Preprint-40886 (January, 1988).
- D. Atkinson, P. W. Johnson and M. R. Pennington, BNL Preprint-41615 (August, 1988).
- T. Matsuki, L. Miao and K. S. Visbwanathan, Simon Fraser Univ. Preprint, June 1987 (revised version: May 1988).
- T. Matsuki, Proceeding of 1989 Workshop on Dynamical Symmetry Breaking, Nagoya, 21-23 December 1989, ed. T. Muta and K. Yamawaki (Nagoya University, 1990), p. 198.
- T. Maskawa and H. Nakajima, Prog. Theor. Phys. 52 (1974), 1326[PTP]; ibid. 54 (1975), 860[PTP].
R. Fukuda and T. Kugo, Nucl. Phys. B117 (1976), 250.
V. A. Miransky, Nuovo Cim. 90A (1985), 149.
- K.-I. Kondo and H. Nakatani, Mod. Phys. Lett. A5 (1990), 407.
- K.-I. Kondo and H. Nakatani, Mod. Phys. Lett. A4 (1989), 2155.
E. Dagotto, J. B. Kogut and A. Kocić, Phys. Rev. Lett. 62 (1989), 1083[APS]; ILL-(TH)-89-#40, 1989.
R. Pisarski, Phys. Rev. D29 (1984), 2423[APS].
D. Atkinson, P. W. Johnson and P. Maris, Phys. Rev. D42 (1990), 602[APS].
J. S. Ball and T. W. Chiu, Phys. Rev. D22 (1980), 2542[APS].
- M. R. Pennington and D. Walsh, Phys. Lett. B253 (1991), 246.
- T. Nonoyama and M. Tanabashi, Prog. Theor. Phys. 81 (1989), 209[PTP].
D. Atkinson, J. Math. Phys. 28 (1987), 2494[CrossRef].
- K-I. Aoki, M. Bando, T. Kugo, K. Hasebe and H. Nakatani, Prog. Theor. Phys. 81 (1989), 866[PTP].
K-I. Aoki, M. Bando, K. Hasebe, T. Kugo and H. Nakatani, Prog. Theor. Phys. 82 (1989), 1151[PTP].
- K.-I. Kondo, Phys. Lett. B226 (1989), 329.
K. Higashijima, Phys. Rev. D29 (1984), 1228[APS].
D. Nash, Phys. Rev. Lett. 62 (1989), 3024[APS].
- H. Nakatani, Comment given at the 1988 International Workshop on New Trend in Strong Coupling Gauge Theories, Nagoya, Aug. 24-27.
- K.-I. Kondo, Y. Kikukawa and H. Mino, Phys. Lett. B220 (1989), 270.
- K.-I. Kondo and H. Nakatani, in preparation.
- K.-I. Kondo, H. Mino and H. Nakatani, Chiba University Preprint, CHIBA-EP-51.
Citing Article(s) :
Journal of the Physical Society of Japan 77 (2008) 114708
(10 pages) :
Fluctuation Effect in the π-Flux State for Undoped High-Temperature Superconductors
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 105 No. 5 (2001) pp. 809-825
Dynamical Symmetry Breaking in QED 3 from the Wilson RG Point of View
Ken-Ichi Kubota and Haruhiko Terao