Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 90 No. 6 (1993) pp. 1361-1366
Stably Propagating Periodic Waves in Intrinsically Bistable Reaction-Diffusion Systems
Osaka Kyoiku University, Osaka 582
(Received July 23, 1993)
We find a new wave in intrinsically bistable reaction-diffusion systems without any external forces. This wave is a stably propagating periodic wave in bistable McKean model. We also find dispersion relation curves with three branches by solving McKean model exactly.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.90.1361
- P. C. Fife, SIAM-AMS (Soc. Int. Appl. Math.-AM. Math. Soc.) Proc. 10 (1976), 23.
- S. Koga and Y. Kuramoto, Prog. Theor. Phys. 63 (1980), 106[PTP].
- Private communication. See for excitable McKean model.
T. Ohta, A. Ito and A. Tetsuka, Phys. Rev. A42 (1990), 3225[APS].
T. Ohta and H. Nakazawa, Phys. Rev. A45 (1992), 8374[APS].
- H. P. McKean, Adv. Math. 4 (1979), 209.
- J. Rinzel and J. B. Keller, Biophys. J. 13 (1973), 1313.
- In fact the case that c=0 (excitable case) reveals that more than two periodic solutions coexist.
In this excitable case, the branch corresponding to the closed curve for a=ac+0.04 survives for various values of a.
S. Koga (unpublished).
- Recently Ising wall and Bloch wall solutions in 2D media are investigated by Sakaguchi in oscillatory reaction-diffusion system subject to externally periodic force which can be regarded as either an excitable or bistable system with a reference to rotating coordinates.
H. Sakaguchi, Prog. Theor. Phys. 88 (1992), 663[PTP].