Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 96 No. 6 (1996) pp. 1223-1235
Hard Photon Distributions in e+e- Annihilation Process by QEDPS
National Laboratory for High Energy Physics (KEK), Tsukuba 305
*Faculty of Engineering, Yamanashi University, Kofu 400
(Received May 27, 1996)
The validity of a photon shower generator QEDPS is examined in detail. This is formulated based on the leading-logarithmic renormalization equation for the electron structure function and it provides a photon shower along the initial e±. The main interest in the present work is to test the reliability of the generator to describe a process accompanying hard photons which are detected. For this purpose, by taking the HZ0 production as the basic reaction, the total cross section and some distributions of the hard photons are compared for the two cases that these photons come from either those generated by QEDPS or the hard process e+e- →HZ0γ…γ. The comparison performed for the single and the double hard photon yields satisfactory agreement, demonstrating that the model is self-consistent.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.96.1223
- J. Fujimoto, Y. Shimizu and T. Munehisa, Prog. Theor. Phys. 90 (1993), 177[PTP].
- J. Fujimoto, Y. Shimizu and T. Munehisa, Prog. Theor. Phys. 91 (1994), 333[PTP].
- T. Munehisa, J. Fujimoto, Y. Kurihara and Y. Shimizu, KEK CP-034, KEK Preprint 95-114, 1995.
- R. Odorico, Nucl. Phys. B172 (1980), 157.
G. Marchesini and B. R. Webber, Nucl. Phys. B238 (1984), 1.
K. Kato and T. Munehisa, Phys. Rev. D39 (1989), 156[APS].
- V. N. Gribov and L. N. Lipatov, Sov. J. Nucl. Phys. 15 (1972), 438.
E. A. Kuraev and V. S. Fadin, Sov. J. Nucl. Phys. 41 (1985), 466; DESY Internal report L. Trans-297, 1985.
J. P. Alexander, G. Bonvicini, P. S. Drell and R. Frey, Phys. Rev. D37 (1988), 56[APS].
O. Nicrosini and L. Trentadue, Phys. Lett. 231B (1989), 487.
See also Chap. 11 of the first references in 7).
- J. Fujimoto et al., Prog. Theor. Phys. Suppl. No. 100 (1990), 1[PTP].
J. Fujimoto, Y. Kurihara, Y. Shimizu, T. Munehisa and N. Nakazawa, in the Proceedings of the Workshop on Physics and Experiments with Linear e+e- Collider, Ed. F. A. Harris, S. L. Olsen, S. Pakvasa, X. Tata (World Scientific, 1993).
S. Kawabata, Comput. Phys. Commun. 88 (1995), 309[CrossRef].
- F. A. Berends, W. L. van Neerven and G. J. H. Burgers, Nucl. Phys. B297 (1988), 429; B304 (1988), 95E.
- G. J. van Oldenbough, INLO-PUB-95/04, 1995,
- ed. G. Altarelli, T. Sjostrand and F. Zwirner “Physics at LEP2", CERN Report 1996, to appear.
K. Kato and T. Munehisa, Phys. Rev. D36 (1987), 61[APS].
K. Kato and T. Munehisa, Comput. Phys. Commun. 64 (1991), 67[CrossRef].
K. Kato, T. Munehisa and H. Tanaka, Z. Phys. C54 (1992), 397.
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 103 No. 3 (2000) pp. 587-612
A QED Shower Including the Next-to-Leading Order Logarithmic Correction in e+e- Annihilation
Tomo Munehisa, Junpei Fujimoto, Yoshimasa Kurihara and Yoshimitsu Shimizu