Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 98 No. 4 (1997) pp. 927-951
Effective Interactions for Mesons and Baryons in Nuclei
Department of Physics, Graduate School of Science
(Received July 2, 1997)
A new method is proposed to construct the effective nuclear interactions
which describe nuclear systems even beyond the pion threshold. The method
is based on the unitary transformation, which assures Hermiticity of the
effective interactions. The effective interactions are defined to be regular
and include a meson-nucleon potential, an isobar transition potential, pion-production/annihilation operators, electromagnetic exchange current, and so on.
The nucleon-nucleon potentials defined here are very similar to those in the formalism of Fukuda-Sawada-Taketani, that of Okubo, and that of Nishijima. The theory is a natural and sound extension of conventional nuclear theory and covers nuclear physics in low- and intermediate-energy regions.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.98.927
- R. J. Blin-Stoyle, in Mesons in Nuclei, ed. M. Rho and D. Willinson (North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1979), Vol. I, p. 5.
- J. L. Friar, ibid. Vol. II, p. 597.
- J-I. Fujita and M. Ichimura, ibid. Vol. II, p. 627.
S. Okubo, Prog. Theor. Phys. 12 (1954), 603[PTP].
K. Nishijima, Prog. Theor. Phys. 6 (1951), 815[PTP], 911.
N. Fukuda, T. Sawada and M. Taketani, Prog. Theor. Phys. 12 (1954), 156[PTP].
- S. Machida and T. Toyoda, Prog. Theor. Phys. Suppl. No. 3 (1956), 106[PTP].
- K. Nishijima, Prog. Theor. Phys. Suppl. No. 3 (1956), 138[PTP].
- H. Hyuga and M. Gari, Z. Phys. A277 (1976), 291.
T. Sato, M. Kobayashi and H. Ohtsubo, Prog. Theor. Phys. 68 (1982), 840[PTP].
- B. Hoistad, in Advances in Nuclear Physics, ed. J. W. Negele and E. Vogt (Prenum Press, New York, 1979), Vol. 11, p. 135.
- H. Garcilazo and T. Mizutani, πNN Systems (World Scietific Pub., Singapore, 1990).
M. Taketani, S. Machida and S. Onuma, Prog. Theor. Phys. 7 (1952), 45[PTP].
M. Hirata, F. Lenz and F. Yazaki, Ann. of Phys. 108 (1977), 116[CrossRef].
T.-S. H. Lee and A. Matsuyama, Phys. Rev. C32 (1985), 516[APS]; C36 (1985), 1459.
T. Sato and T.-S. H. Lee, Phys. Rev. C54 (1996), 2660[APS].
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 102 No. 2 (1999) pp. 333-372
Pion Elastic and Charge-Exchange Scattering on p-Shell Nuclei by Isobar-Doorway State Model
Shinya Taniguchi, Toru Sato and Hisao Ohtsubo