Prog. Theor. Phys. Supplement No.159 (2005) pp. 61-66
Dilute Kagomé Lattice Magnetism with S = 1/2 on Rb2(Pd1-xMx)3S4(M = Co, Mn)
1Department of Physics, Graduate School of Science and Engineering,
Tokyo Institute of Technology, Tokyo 152-8551, Japan
2Materials and Structures Laboratory Tokyo Institute of
Technology, Yokohama 226-8503, Japan
3Application and Research Center JEOL.LTD., Akisima 196-8558, Japan
An attempt to substitute Co2+, Mn2+ for Pd2+ was
performed to yield dilute Kagomé lattice magnetism of S = 1/2
on a ternary transition metal chalocogenide Rb2Pd3S4.
This compound takes a crystal structure, Pd sites of which constitute
Kagomé lattice nets. Because the divalent
Pd2+(4d)8's on the Kagomé lattice are in a low-spin
state of spin-less owing to specific characteristics of the crystal
field influencing on the Pd sites. Magnetic properties of specimens
thus obtained were examined through magnetic susceptibility, ESR and
specific heat measurements. Several data were obtained for confirming
the syntheses of S=1/2 systems in spite of dilute magnetic ones with
substitutional ratio x's below the site percolation threshold
xp = 0.62 of the Kagomé lattice.
DOI : 10.1143/PTPS.159.61
J. Huster and W. Bronger, J. Solid State Chem. 11 (1974), 254[CrossRef].
- W. Bronger and P. Muller, J. Less-Common Metals 100 (1984), 241.
- T. Kato, K. Hondou and K. Iio, J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 177 (1998), 591.
- S. H. Elcder, S. Jobic, R. Brec, M. Gelabert and F. J. Disalvo, J. Alloys Comp. 235 (1998), 135.
- K. Hondou, Y. Fujiwara, T. Kato, K. Iio, A. Saiki, M. Usuda and N. Hamada, J. Alloys Comp. 333 (2002), 274.
T. Fukamachi, Y. Kobayashi, A. Nakamura, H. Harashina and M. Sato, J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 68 (1999), 3668[JPSJ].
- M. Usuda and N. Hamada, Read at annual meeting of Phys. Soc. Jpn., Tokushima (2001) 17pPSB-25.
- K. Hondou, M. Usuda and K. Iio, Ceramics-Silikáty 49 (2005), 1.
- Y. Fujiwara, Master's thesis, Tokyo Institute of Technology (2002).
A. P. Ramirez, G. P. Espinosa and A. S. Cooper, Phys. Rev. B 45 (1992), 2505[APS].
A. Kuroda and S. Miyashita, J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 64 (1995), 4509[JPSJ].