Prog. Theor. Phys. Supplement No.168 (2007) pp. 115-118
Stochastic Variational Method Applied to Pentaquarks
1Advanced Meson Science Laboratory, Nishina Center, RIKEN,
Wako 351-0198, Japan
2Suzuka National College of Technology, Suzuka 510-0294, Japan
We perform a five-body calculation for pentaquark (q4q)
state of Λ(1405) as well as the three-body calculations for the
ground state baryons and the Λ(1405), and two-body calculations
We take two kinds of hamiltonian; One includes non-relativistic kinetic
energy and the other has the semi-relativistic form.
Both hamiltonians reproduce reasonably well the energies of ground
state baryons (N, Λ, Σ, Ξ and Δ) and mesons
(π, K, ρ, K*).
Flavor symmetry breaking (ms > mu,d) is taken into account.
The energy calculated for (q4q) state of Λ(1405)
is lower than the energy for the (q3) state, even after eliminating
the contribution from the color van der Waals force due to the
phenomenological linear confinement potential.
The present result suggests that the Λ(1405) is a
pentaquark-dominated state if the color-magnetic potential plays a
leading role of the quark-quark and quark-antiquark interactions.
DOI : 10.1143/PTPS.168.115
F. Brau, C. Semay and B. Silvestre-Brac, Phys. Rev. C 66 (2002), 055202[APS].
- C. Helminen and D. O. Riska, Nucl. Phys. A 699 (2002), 624.
- B. Silvestre-Brac, Few-Body Systems 20 (1996), 1.
- Y. Suzuki and K. Varga, Stochastic Variational Approach to Quantum-Mechanical Few-Body Problems, Lecture Notes in Phys., Vol. m54 (Springer-Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg, 1998).
H. Nemura, Y. Akaishi and Y. Suzuki, Phys. Rev. Lett. 89 (2002), 142504[APS].
H. Nemura, S. Shinmura, Y. Akaishi and Khin Swe Myint, Phys. Rev. Lett. 94 (2005), 202502[APS].
- S. Matsuyama and H. Miyazawa, Prog. Theor. Phys. 61 (1979), 942[PTP].
O. W. Greenberg and H. J. Lipkin, Nucl. Phys. A 370 (1981), 349[CrossRef].
- Y. Koike, O. Morimatsu and K. Yazaki, Prog. Theor. Phys. Suppl. No. 137 (2000), 21[PTP].
- A preliminary study based on quark cluster model was given by S. Takeuchi in the 1st week of this YKIS seminar.