Prog. Theor. Phys. Supplement No.32 (1964) pp. 82-103
Mean Square Angular and Lateral Spreads of Electrons and Photons in a Cascade Shower
Department of Physics, Kohnan University, Kobe
Mean square angular and lateral spreads of electrons and photons in a cascade shower initiated by a photon are calculated over wide ranges of energy ratio and observational depth under Approximation A with Landau Approximation according to Nishimura and Kamata's theory. Corresponding quantities weighted with energy of the shower particle are also obtained. The results are presented in the form of graphs and tables.
Our results are compared with those of Chartres and Messel, and their results for lateral spreads seem to be not reliable. The results are also compared with those of Monte Carlo calculations given by Adachi and others, and the agreement between those results are quite well.
DOI : 10.1143/PTPS.32.82
- B. A. Chartres and H. Messel, Proc. Phys. Soc. (London) A 67 (1954), 158.
J. Roberg and L. W. Nordheim, Phys. Rev. 75 (1949), 444[APS].
- J. Nishimura and K. Kamata, Prog. Theor. Phys. Suppl. No. 6 (1958), 93[PTP].
B. Rossi and K. Greisen, Rev. Mod. Phys. 13 (1941), 240[APS].
- J. Nishimura, Handbuch der Physik, to be published.
- V. V. Guzhavin and I. P. Ivanenko, J. Exptl. Theor. Phys. (USSR) 40 (1961), 1682; Sov. Phys. -JETP 13 (1961), 1186.
- A. Adachi et al., Prog. Theor. Phys. Suppl. No. 32 (1964), 154[PTP].
- H. J. Bhabha and S. K. Chacrabarty, Proc. Roy. Soc. A 181 (1942), 267.
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 54 No. 6 (1975) pp. 1720-1726
Lateral Spread of the Cascade Developed in the Earth's Atmosphere
Hiroshi Oda, Fumito Kotari and Shintaro Yagi
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 56 No. 4 (1976) pp. 1104-1110
Energy Flow in Cascade Showers
Shoji Dake and Hiroshi Oda
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 57 No. 1 (1977) pp. 142-159
Study of Multiple Meson Production at Cosmic Ray Energy. II
Eiichi Konishi, Toru Shibata and Nobuhito Tateyama