Prog. Theor. Phys. Supplement No.70 (1981) pp. 301-321
Initial Behavior of a Quantized Scalar Field and the Associated Pair-Creation in Several Isotropic Closed and Open Universes
Research Institute for Theoretical Physics, Hiroshima University, Takehara, Hiroshima 75
(Received January 17, 1981)
The concept of a positive frequency part near the initial epoch in a big-bang universe or its counterpart in other (say, de Sitter) one for a canonically quantized scalar field is important in discussing the associated pair-creation of those particles. Therefore, an attempt is made to define the positive frequency part in such isotropic closed and open universes that the scalar wave equation can be exactly solved. Except for closed universe, the parts in question and, therefore, the Feynman propagators in the remaining universes are uniquely settled. Then it is shown that (1) the pair-creation in the Friedmann open universe (which is very interesting not only from observational, but also from theoretical viewpoints) is essentially equivalent to that in the Chitre-Hartle universe with flat 3-space and (2) the respective pair-creations in expanding metrics with open and flat 3-spaces of the de Sitter universe are different from each other, as insisted upon by Gibbons and Hawking basing on the original static metric.
DOI : 10.1143/PTPS.70.301
S. W. Hawking, Nature 248 (1974), 30[CrossRef];
Commun. Math. Phys. 43 (1975), 199[CrossRef].
D. M. Chitre and J. B. Hartle, Phys. Rev. D 16 (1977), 251[APS].
- H. Nariai, Prog. Theor. Phys. 63 (1980), 324[PTP].
- S. A. Fulling, Gen. Relat. Gravit. 10 (1979), 807.
- H. Kodama, Prog. Theor. Phys. 64 (1980), 2267[PTP].
- H. Nariai and T. Azuma, Prog. Theor. Phys. 64 (1980), 1280[PTP].
- a) H. Nariai, Prog. Theor. Phys. 40 (1968), 657[PTP]; ibid. 60 (1978), 739[PTP].
b) A. Tomimatsu, Prog. Theor. Phys. 60 (1978), 414[PTP].
- J. Meixner, Math. Nachr. 5 (1951), 1.
- H. Nariai and T. Azuma, Prog. Theor. Phys. 62 (1979), 1169[PTP].
- A. Tomimatsu, Prog. Theor. Phys. 59 (1978), 2096[PTP].
A. A. Belavin, A. M. Polyakov, A. S. Schwartz and Yu. S. Tyupkin, Phys. Lett. B 59 (1975), 85[CrossRef].
- M. Carmeli, Gen. Relat. Gravit. 5 (1974), 287.
- H. Nariai and A. Tomimatsu, Prog. Theor. Phys. 59 (1978), 296[PTP].
G. W. Gibbons and S. A. Hawking, Phys. Rev. D 15 (1977), 2738[APS].
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 68 No. 4 (1982) pp. 1147-1156
On the Creation of Scalar Particles in an Early Stage of the Friedmann Closed-Universe
Hideki Ishihara and Hidekazu Nariai