Prog. Theor. Phys. Supplement No.72 (1982) pp. 140-149
A Lattice Metal of Liquid Metal
— Wilson-Type Transition in Divalent Metals
Department of Physics, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606
*Research Institute for Fundamental Physics, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606
(Received August 15, 1979)
The lattice model, which was proposed in our previous papers in investigate the Mott-type metal-insulator transition in the fluid phase of monovalent metals, is extended so as to include the Wilson type transition in divalent metals. A simple approximation leads to that all the results previously obtained can be translated into the present case by some scale transformation. The qualitative features of the metal-insulator transition and of the phase diagrams are essentially the same as those in previous papers I and II within the framework of the present study.
DOI : 10.1143/PTPS.72.140
- S. Nara, T. Ogawa and T. Matsubara, Prog. Theor. Phys. 57 (1977), 1474, [PTP](hereafter referred to as I).
- S. Nara, T. Ogawa and T. Matsubara, Prog. Theor. Phys. 61 (1979), 736, [PTP](hereafter referred to as II).
- F. Hensel, Liquid Metals 1976, edited by R. Evans and D. A. Greenwood (Institute of Physics, London and Bristol 1977), p. 372.
- N. F. Mott, Metal-Insulator Transitions (Taylor and Francis, London, 1974).
R. Kikuchi, Phys. Rev. 81 (1951), 988[APS].
R. Kikuchi and S. G. Brush, J. Chem. Phys. 47 (1967), 195[AIP Scitation].
H. A. Bethe, Proc. Roy. Soc. A 150 (1935), 552.
Y. Takagi, Proc. Phys.-Math. Soc. Jpn. 23 (1941), 553; ibid. 24 (1942), 333;
J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 4 (1949), 99[JPSJ].
M. C. Gutzwiller, Phys. Rev. Lett. 10 (1963), 159[APS];
Phys. Rev. 134 (1964), A923[APS];
ibid. 137 (1965), A1726[APS].
T. Ogawa, K. Kanda and T. Matsubara, Prog. Theor. Phys. 53 (1975), 614[PTP].
T. Ogawa and K. Kanda, Z. Phys. B 30 (1978), 355.
- T. Ogawa, T. Ogawa and T. Matsubara, Prog. Theor. Phys. 56 (1976), 31[PTP].
W. Brinkman and T. M. Rice, Phys. Rev. B 2 (1970), 4302[APS].
T. M. Rice and W. Brinkman, Phys. Rev. B 5 (1972), 4350[APS].
- T. Ogawa, S. Nara and T. Matsubara, J. de Phys. 41 (1980), C8-77.
F. Yonezawa and T. Ogawa, Prog. Theor. Phys. Suppl. No. 72 (1982), 1[PTP].
- J. Hubbard, Proc. R. Soc. A 281 (1964), 401.
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Supplement No.72 (1982) pp. 1-80
Metal-Nonmetal Transitions in Expanded Fluids
Fumiko Yonezawa and Tohru Ogawa