Prog. Theor. Phys. Supplement No.99 (1989) pp. 288-294
Origin of the Unique Feature of a Phase Transition in a Class of Large Populations of Coupled Oscillators
Department of Physics, Faculty of Engineering, Kyushu Institute of Technology, Kitakyushu 804
On the basis of a renormalization procedure we discuss the mechanism which produces a curious discrepancy between subcritical and supercritical exponents discovered recently for the divergence of intrinsic fluctuations of an order parameter at the onset of mutual entrainment in large populations of weakly and uniformly coupled limit-cycle oscillators.
DOI : 10.1143/PTPS.99.288
- See, e.g., A. T. Winfree, The Geometry of Biological Time (Springer, Berlin, 1980).
- A. T. Winfree, J. Theor. Biol. 16 (1967), 15.
- See the extensive list of publications in Ref. 6) below.
- Y. Kuramoto, in Lecture Notes in Phys. 39 (Springer, Berlin, 1975); Prog. Theor. Phys. Suppl. No. 79 (1984), 223[PTP].
- H. Daido, Prog. Theor. Phys. 75 (1986), 1460[PTP];
J. of Phys. A 20 (1987), L629[CrossRef].
- H. Daido, Prog. Theor. Phys. 81 (1989), 727, [PTP]and submitted to J. Stat. Phys.
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 88 No. 6 (1992) pp. 1213-1218
Order Function and Macroscopic Mutual Entrainment in Uniformly Coupled Limit-Cycle Oscillators